sábado, 22 de setembro de 2012

CONDITIONAL CLAUSES



Type 1

→ It is possible and also very likely that the condition will be fulfilled.

if + Simple Present + will (Future)

If I find her address, I will send her an invitation.

Type 2

→ It is possible but very unlikely, that the condition will be fulfilled.

 if + Simple Past + would

If I found her address, I would send her an invitation.

Type 3

→ It is impossible that the condition will be fulfilled because it refers to the past.

if + Past Perfect + would + have + Past Participle

If I had found her address, I would have sent her an invitation.

 

EXERCISE

  1. If I ……………………..  (go) to the cinema, I will watch an interesting film.

   2. If I …………………….. (study) I would pass the exams.

   3. We wouldn't have swum if the weather ……………………..(be)  bad.

   4. If he …………………….. (have) a temperature, he would see the doctor.

   5. I will be very happy if my friends ……………………..(come)

   6. If I …………………….. (earn) a lot of money, I would have flown to New York.

   7. If we do not …………………….. (come) home in time, we would have missed the film.

   8. The teacher will not be happy if I …………………….. (forget) my homework again.

   9. If our class …………………….. (go) to England, I would visit the Tower of London.

   10. If our class had ……………………..(go) to England, I would have visited the Big Ben.

 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário